Saturday, July 31, 2010

A minor YAY moment.

YAY!

Here's the deal. I have been guilty these past few weeks of seeing something I want and just getting it. My attitude is enjoy it while you can, because in ??? months you will not have it again.

OKay. Yeah. I suck. I'm supposed to be all Richard Simmons with a twist of lime over here and instead I'm Rosanne Bahr. Here's the thing though. this whole week something super weird happened. I suggested going to Subway with a friend. Usually I would go to China Buffet. When I got there, without really having to think about it hard, I got my very first 6 inch sandwich. Not a foot long. Six inches. Instead of chips, I got yogurt. Instead of soda, I got water. SHUT UP! I KNOW!!! The weirdest part is, I didn't have to think about it much. It just happened, like I was possessed by Jenny Friggin' Craig!!!

But wait. There is more.

I was looking over my "Notepad of Guilt and Shame," which is a little note pad i sometimes have in my purse/pocket/van that I will write down-not everything I eat from day to day, but if I really screw up or do something noteworthy, I jot it down. I noticed that instead of bad notes, I did not have seconds on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at supper time. Tonight I did because we ate brown rice and veggies. Come to think of it, I'm not really guilty over that since the chicken breasts, brown rice and veggies were all steamed, seasoned with fried rice flavoring and soy sauce. The calories were within the corral. Again, not much thought went into it.

Is this some kind of weird change? How come I'm not all whiny about having no chocolate today. After all, I am 3 days before Moon Time and for the next week, my children's breathing will irritate me. My Lucas got the hint as soon as I woke up with my "fat eyebrows," which is my crabby look evidently, and took all the kids outside to play while I sat and crafted alone. My hubby has taken cover in the bunker with his hidden stash of chocolate to throw at me should I decide to attack. The clock ticks. The only thing that will save everyone's life will be Lindors, coffee and a Midol overdose. Or will it? Ooooooooo.

I am so freaked out right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment